CloPeMa Programming Guidelines¶
This page should serve as a bible for all ClePeMa developers. It describes rules which should be followed in all CloPeMa code and repositories.
Git Repositories and ROS packages¶
- No development work should be done in the master branch.
- Each stable revision should have version number.
- Do not commit generated files in the repository that include build, bin, lib and many other directories and files.
- Use gitignore in order not to add generated files accidentally.
- Each repository should have a maintainer stated on the wiki.
- Source code should follow ROS Cpp Style Guide or ROS Python Style Guide.
- Each file should contain a unified header or at least be signed by author.
- Every possible failure should be checked and accompanied by comprehensive error message.
- Each node should have its documentation on the wiki.
- The topics should be named universally (i.e. input and output, points, normals) and remaped in the task specific launchfile.
- Make use of both topics and services.