Warning: This page contain sensitive information -- maintenance mode password. Therefore, it is kept private.The following steps are necessary to prepare robot to communicate with ROS.
- Check firmware version, upgrade/downgrade if necessary.
- Increase the number of allowed tasks.
- Install the application.
Check firmware version¶
- Start the controller if not running.
- In main menu select [SYSTEM INFO] and then [VERSION] the screen should look like this:
SYSTEM : DS1.62.00A(US/DE)-03 PARAMETER : 2.92 MODEL : MA01400-B0*/MA01400-B0* APPLI : ARC WELD/ARC WELD LANGUAGE : 1.62-03-00 / 1.63-14-00 CPU SYSTEM ROM BOOT ROM YCP01 1.62.00 -------- D2.00 YPP01 1.42-00 1.10-00 1.02 EAXA*#0 1.55-03 2.01 1.04-00/ 1.04-00 EAXA*#1 1.55-03 2.01 1.04-00/ 1.04-00
- Probably only important number is the "-03" and the end of SYSTEM line, if there is something else continue with next step, otherwise skip to next section.
- Follow the instruction in the attached file To Upgrade System Software.doc
The archive with the required version is in repository:
Increase the number of allowed tasks (get ALL.PRM)¶
- In main menu touch [EX. MEMORY] > [SAVE]
- In the window select [PARAMETER] then [BATCH PARAMETER] ALL.PRM (a star should appear next to the option)
- Push [ENTER] and confirm the dialog to save.
- Send this file to Libor Wagner
- To upload the modified ALL.PRM
- Save it on the USB flash
- Change to management mode [MAIN MENU]> [SYSTEM INFO] > [SECURITY] > Change to management > enter password
- And on pendant select [MAIN MENU] > [EX.MEMORY] > [LOAD] > [PARAMETER] > [BATCH PARAMETER]
Install the application¶
- Boot into maintenance mode:
- Turn off the controller if running.
- Turn the controller on while holding [MAIN MENU] on pendant.
- Hold [MAIN MENU] until beep.
- Wait for controller to boot.
- Switch to the management mode:
- In main menu touch [SYSTEM] > [SECURITY]
- Select MANAGEMENT MODE
- Type in password (default 99999999)
- Install the application
- Note: the app filename must not contain additional dots!
- Download the latest firmware version from CloPeMa Stack and copy it to a USB flash or CF card.
- Connect USB/CF to the pendant
- In main menu touch [MotoPlus APL.] > [DEVICE]
- Select USB or CF
- In main menu touch [MotoPlus APL.] > [LOAD (USER APPLICATION)]
- In the window select clopema_main.out and press [ENTER] on pendant.
- Confirm all messages and you are done.
Upload INFORM jobs¶
The last step is to upload a set of INFORM jobs that are used by the firmware.
- Download, unzip jbi.zip on a USB Flash and it to the pendant
- Boot the controller in normal mode (without the [Maim Menu] pressed)
- Select [Ext. Media] in the main menu (in the next screen)
- Select [Load]
- Select [JOB]
- Mark each jbi file from the archive (a star should appear next to it)
- Press [ENTER]
- The jobs should be now uploaded